Saturday, July 22, 2017

An irreverent, humorous poem



This poem was read at a recent memorial which I conducted.  The woman who had passed away had an irreverent, cheeky sense of humour.  It's good to have a few laughs, as well as tears, as we say goodbye to someone we love.

Image result for cartoon image of woman drinking winePardon Me for Not Getting Up
Oh dear, if you're reading this right now,
I must have given up the ghost.
I hope you can forgive me for being
Such a stiff and unwelcoming host. 


Just talk amongst yourself my friends,
And share a toast or two.

For I am sure you will remember well
How I loved to drink with you.

Don't worry about mourning me,
I was never easy to offend.
Feel free to share a story at my expense
And we'll have a good laugh at the end. 




No comments:

Post a Comment